Yesterday we went CAVING!! First we abseiled down into the cave (I went first! I was too light, so the rope didn’t go down by itself and I had to feed it through the rack!) Then we walked through in the dark so we could observe the glowworms, which are actually these unpleasant looking clear larvae that spin tiny hanging webs to catch prey. But from far away and in large groups they look magnificent! We toobed back lazy river style where we then saw….EELS IN THE WATER! Next we worked our way to another end of the cave, climbing and maneuvering through tiny tunnels throughout. It was so much fun and just out of this world to be among the underground rock formations. To get out we had to rock climb up where we had abseiled down. When we got to the spot, the group before us was still there because a climber had dislocated his shoulder and had spent the last 30 minutes attempting to climb the remainder of wall….ouch ouch ouch. My lovely roommate Ayelet proceeded to tell the whole group that perhaps I was bit of a bad luck charm, seeing as the group before me in Zorbing ran into difficulty as well. She’s a charmer! All in all in it was a fantastic long tiring once-in-a-lifetime kind of day! And now…off to my first class!

The crew pre-descent, practicing our abseiling skills!
.jpg)
The entrance to the cave were we abseiled into
A different kind of lazy river; me and my flatmate Ayelet!

Sliding down some rock formations!
.jpg)
This is NOT my hand!
Checking out the glowworms...serious business!

Success, I made it out in one piece!
Love the blog Maura, keep the pictures comming. Looks like a lot of fun, but I think I would prefer zorbing!.
ReplyDelete